We are excited to announce that we have been cleared to begin a "Return to Play" program on campus!
Assuming that Palm Beach County remains in full phase 1 of reopening, this program will consist of 3 phases over a 6 week period (Beginning June 17) to help our athletes get in shape for their upcoming fall seasons. Should Palm Beach County regress in its reopening plans, we will have to cancel and/or postpone our program to adhere to county guidelines. Workouts will occur three days per week (M, W, and F). In phase 1 of our workout program, students will be in the gym and on the field doing bodyweight workouts with conditioning. As we progress through the 6-week program, we will add use of appropriate weights and additional speed and agility equipment. This "Return to Play" program is not sport specific, so all fall athletes are welcome to join!
Due to the safety guidelines set forth by the state and the CDC, we will be limiting the number of athletes in each group and the time the athletes are able to be on campus. We will have many safety measures in place to ensure safety and social distancing rules. Some of these guidelines are small group sizes, staggered arrival and dismissal, temperature and health check prior to being admitted to workouts, and proper sanitation practices will be in effect.
In order to abide by these safety guidelines, we are asking anyone who will be participating in a FALL SPORT and is interested in working out this summer to please fill out this quick sign up. SUMMER WORKOUT SIGN UP
Things to note:
1. These summer workouts are only open to those participating in a fall sport.
2. Any athlete that is interested in working out on campus, must SIGN UP. Spots are limited, so don't wait!
3. The signup form asks for the time slot that works best for you. We will do our best to accommodate everyone, but we can't guarantee that everyone will get their preferred time.
4. Any athlete wanting to participate in these summer workouts will need an up-to-date physical and the EL3 consent form (both are attached to the bottom of this email). Please scan and email your completed paperwork to me at email@example.com
prior to June 15.
5. You must sign up before Wednesday, June 10 by NOON. No exceptions.
6. Once our groups are set, you will get more information about your assigned time, arrival and departure procedures, and specific safety measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our athletes.
7. All workouts will be supervised by members of the Athletic Department.
We can't wait to get our athletes back on campus for some fun workouts and conditioning!
We hope you will consider joining us!