February 14, 2018
Dear Benjamin School Parents,
I write this evening with a heavy heart, as we grieve the loss of life at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland as the result of a school shooting. As we grieve these horrific events, we also prepare for another day of classes at Benjamin tomorrow, committed to maintaining our usual high standards of safety and security for the school community. Below are additional steps we are taking to support our students and families through this difficult time:
- The current security guards will be very visible.
- The presence of additional armed guards has been requested.
- Administrators on campus will be present at drop-off and dismissal.
- North Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens patrols will make frequent drive-bys of each campus.
- Student Services will be available for children or faculty members who need additional support.
- All visitors must report to the front office and have a badge on campus.
- As always, entrance doors and classroom doors will be shut and locked.
- Crisis Management Teams on each campus will meet to review relevant procedures.
I speak for the entire Benjamin School community when I write that our collective thoughts and prayers are with the students, teachers, and parents of Parkland as they begin the awful process of rebuilding their lives and their community.
Head of School